Friday, September 7, 2012

Black Cerusing

Forget ebonized wood or black lacquer! Black Cerused oak is my new fave...
I've been a fan of the faux bois look, so I'm also finding myself drawn to black cerused pieces in showrooms. 

^Real Black Cerused oak                    Faux Bois Pattern^


I saw this image on the F. Schumacher website advertising their new collection of mirrors, and while the mirror is very pretty, my eye was drawn to the cabinet underneath!

It happens to be their piece called the Barclay Chest
-----------------------------------------------------
And, I was in David Duncan Antiques the other day and saw this set of Black Cerused Case pieces and loved all of the details of them: the finish (obviously!), the greek band along the top, and the bold, large-scale hardware really makes it. 
Between this set and the piece from Schumacher, it seems like cabinets with this finish wouldn't look right with small or rounded hardware....




I think these two would look amazing up against an Hermes orange leather wall.....

Don't you think??


No comments:

Post a Comment