Monday, May 28, 2012

2012 Kips Bay Showhouse

This space was designed by Thom Filicia 
This year many of the rooms used more moody, deep colors.

In this room, the green walls remind me of some of my St. Patrick's Day posts back in March.
The high gloss ceiling makes the room look like it double-height, and I think lacquer looks so elegant!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the Dining Room that Todd Alexander Romano designed


I am loving the purple/ green combo!
I also am a sucker for spaces that mix traditional elements like the dining chairs with more funky, modern elements like the table.

In the picture below (of the same dining room), you can really get an idea of the rich purple used on the walls. I immediately wanted to know where to get that gorgeous emerald mirror, but its an Italian antique....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This Living room was designed by Brian del Toro
Definitely sensing a deep chromatic color theme and a funky mirror theme here.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, I wouldn't be a true fan if I didn't include the living room designed by
 Jamie Drake and Drake Design Associates


Love that green wallpaper and bold color juxtaposed against the white upholstery!

No comments:

Post a Comment